Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Little brothers call for prayer

I was having dinner last night at Alma's house along with her grandson Israel when my little brother Lenny called. He asked what I was doing, and I told him I was enjoying some tostadas with Alma and Israel. He then said, "put in a good word for me." I told him I always spoke well of my only little brother. Then he went on to explain, "no, I need you to put in a good word to God for me." He said he had just been diving under a  very large tug boat, the water was cold, it's very dark, and he had to go back down and do some grinding on the bottom near a propeller, in a very tight spot, and there would be no one else to help if he got tangled up and in trouble. So we stopped and prayed right then on the spot, all of us. For my little brother to ask for prayer, means he is really scarred. So I take it very seriously. But I really believe God brought him even to that particular job, to show him that when it comes right down to it, God alone is our refuge and strength. Just as He has brought me to this particular place and time and situation so that I too might cling to Him alone, as well as all of you who might be reading this. A couple hours later I called him and the job went well, and we gave thanks to God! I would sure appreciate prayer for my little brother Lenny and his wife Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment