Friday, December 14, 2012

God's calling and leading

I received a special verse a couple of days ago that has been like a center piece for prayer. It is from Psalm 32:8 that says "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." There are lots of things I don't understand right now, and am not sure which way to go, but what promises here! Instruction, leading and guidance. Personal guidance with His very own eyes. I have shared a little bit about Alma, and she has a lot to do with my not understanding, not being sure of which way to go, and how God might be guiding me or us. I am afraid of letting my own feelings for her deceive me in some way. This morning while in prayer, I believe God reminded me that I am called to be a missionary. That has never left me, and I know that I will never be satisfied with doing anything else, wherever or in whatever occupation I may find myself in. So I believe that will be a real key in knowing God's leading as far as Alma is concerned. God will have to call her to me, to missions as well if anything is going to become of us. Without any interference on my part. So, that will be my prayer from now on. Father, "Instruct me/us and teach me/us in the way which I/we should go; guide me/us with your eye." Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment