Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Washington Weekend



How time flies! It's been several weeks already since Alma and I went to Washington to spend a weekend with our brothers and sisters at Elim Lutheran Church. We  received the wonderful hospitality of the Larson's on our stay. I stayed with them a couple of years ago when I visited Lake Stevens. This was the beginning of many first's for Alma. First time to Washington, first time on a ferry, first time visiting an all English church and being part of presenting a little bit of what it's like to live and work here in Nogales. I for one am very proud of her. It was quite a stretch for her, but she said she had a great time, and so did I.

We've been doing some work on our house, converting a carport into another bedroom so that it will accommodate both Alma's girls as well as my kids. It is really going well, we should be done in a couple more weeks.  

Our brother and friend Pastor Paul Kneeland and his family have announced that they are going to be leaving back to the Midwest soon. So the congregation has asked for help on Sunday. Pastor Ted Kennedy and I will try to help once a month when we can.

We had Josiah Nelson with us for our youth group last Saturday to share about the Bible school, my kids especially are very exited about the possibility for going in a few years. That is exiting to me to see their enthusiasm over Bible school.  


On the Seattle ferry.


No comments:

Post a Comment