Monday, August 12, 2013

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

I cannot believe how fast time is rushing by. For so long, time seemed to drag along, and everything was in slow motion. Now it is the opposite. Yesterday, Sunday the 11th, was really full, with preaching at Triumph, then taking the kids to Mary Ann's house, then off to Buenos Aires to preach and lead the worship again, then home for a quick lunch and phone call with a dear brother in Mn. Then back across the border to MascareƱas to do two services in two homes serving communion for both. And finally getting back home at eight pm. What used to be so long a day, that I really wasn't looking forward to anymore, and really had to wrestle with those feelings, now seems to fly by. And it's such a joy again. I served communion to Marta, who is terminal, alone in a little shack, cannot get out of bed or do anything by herself. Her mother, who is in her eighties has to attend to her needs because there is no one else. A scene that is hard to imagine without being there. What an honor to pour God's word, God's love into her! I'm so thankful to God to be allowed be His man at this time, at that place, to His people.

Time is also flying by and so soon I'll be married to my Alma Nidia. Only nineteen days now! I have been asked on several occasions in tongue and cheek, "oh, but your not counting are you?" I reply, "oh yes I am, and have been every since we set the date. And I am not ashamed to say so." It seemed at first the clock ran fairly slow, but now is running double time. It also seems there are so few that I can really express the thankfulness to God, the joy, the thrill, and excitement that I feel over knowing and being given this opportunity to marry this girl (I call her my girl, my young lady, even though we're the same age :-). I know on the one hand it is to be expected, especially with all of those who know both Mary Ann and myself. Not everyone has gone through the grieving process, and has mourned over all of this as long as I have. These, almost three years seem like an eternity. But I have grieved, and mourned, and am now ready to live. I read this morning, "Loss can be excruciating. Mourning our loss is critical. What we don't mourn, we carry inside, perhaps forever." I have laid the loss down now at the foot of the cross. Not just with words. Not just because that is a nice religious way of putting it. But I have been there, at the cross, and thanked Him for the past and all the experiences, confessed what I wish I could have done better, and asked for grace to go forward in Jesus name. And now I am. I know there will be times when I still will grieve, for I cannot ever forget twenty six years or more of my life. But I believe I am called to look up, to look forward, and to live an abundant life in Jesus name. I have now given my life to Alma, I love her so much, and will love her with all my heart as long as I live. And I am marrying her publicly, before our family, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ and in His presence like we've never been married before. I will love her now and always as my first love (apart only from Jesus Christ!) and will let nothing nor anyone get between us. I believe every husband and wife should be able to say, "Amen!" to that.

Alright, enough confession for now. I just felt I had to get this said, it seems to have been an impediment to sharing regularly our progression. Anyway, time is flying... lots to do...  

No comments:

Post a Comment