Monday, August 19, 2013

11 more days!

Only eleven more days until Alma and I are to be married. I'm not the only one now counting. Every time Pastor Kennedy asks for prayer, Cesar says, "For my Dad and Alma, they are going to get married in... twelve days." And if he doesn't mention the days, Pastor Ted will ask him, "how many more days?..." Even Pastor Antonio in Nogales Sonora asks me "¿Cuántos días más aleluya?" ("How many more days Hallelujah?" He calls me Hallelujah).

Both churches on both sides of the border want me to preach again this weekend. I was a little nervous about trying to concentrate on a message with less than two weeks until I get married. But this morning while in prayer God gave me the text as well as how to present it. I told Alma over the phone before we had our prayer time, that I feel I can preach it now! Praise God!

We had a really good VBS in Nogales Sonora Mexico. We had quite a few new kids, one especially touched me. His name is Lupe. A little mechanic at nine years old. I pray I can get close to him and help him to know Jesus, the ultimate mechanic. I put some of the pictures on my Facebook.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment